Saturday, September 21, 2013

New Look 6736

I bought this stretch cotton sateen from Gertie's etsy shop.  Gertie described it as "Shaheeny" and I thought it would make a great sarong dress and also I loved it.  I love Shaheen frocks. 

I have a mildly fancy frockortunity coming up, so I decided to put this fabric to work.

When I was play-gathering the fabric, the wide bands of darker colour looked a bit too diagonal, so in the end I let the fabric be the star and decided to make a plain sheath dress.

This is New Look 6736, which I've made a couple of times before.  I always leave out the neckline notch because I prefer it plain.  I put a zip in the mid-back because I only had a 14 inch zip, and I like how the back neckline looks neater that way.

Forgive the wrinkles; I should get a camera remote because running back and forth with a 10 second self-timer doesn't give me enough time to re-smooth.  When I walk it doesn't crinkle up like that.  




LOL at the different bangles in pics one and three.  I was trying to decide which went best.  Which do you think?  Bamboo or beads?

4 comments:

Judith said...

Love the colour in your fabric - it makes for a stunning dress! You definitely chose a great pattern to make this fabric up in...J

Gail said...

Beautiful fabric and a great fitting dress.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous. Perfect match of fabric and pattern, and amazing fit!!

The Long & Winding Bobbin said...

Gorgeous fabric and perfect fit. Chic and simple :-)