Monday, June 08, 2009

tart in dress


Yet another pinafore - but they are so handy!

Not having sewn with tartan / plaid for yonks, while I think I did an OK job at matching the up 'n' down, I see I didn't place the centre front in quite the right place. Ah well, I'm sure it won't be so obvious in the wild.

I did my usual sloper-adapted pinny, with a scoop neck rather than a square one, and the addition of extending the back shoulders to the front to make tabs (inspired by Kitty's pinny from last year). I got to use a whole TWO buttons from my buttonmania stash, 'ray!

Note to self: I usually make this out of stretch-woven. If I don't, then add some breathing space...

4 comments:

kitty said...

Loving the buttons. Lovely winter pinny you got yourself there.
I need to know what Bleedy Clown is saying in the background there...

moggy said...

He's saying 'patterns of the seventies and eighties'...

kitty said...

What a helpful horrifying clown!

Carol said...

I love, love, love this dress! I am a sucker for anything tartan. I am probably too old, but I still love wearing little tartan skirts.