Friday, June 27, 2008

Vogue 1679





Here's the other frock I made on the weekend. I made the version shown in green on the left of the pattern envelope, in a thick black double knit. The knit doesn't have much stretch, but I still made it without a zip, cutting the back piece on the fold. Thankfully the fabric has enough give so I can get it on fine.

The pockets took the most time, and I messed up the first attempt by cutting the welt too long so it looked like the pocket had some sort of wry grin coming out of the flap. Fortunately I had enough fabric to cut another front piece, and now I know to be much more careful with those snippers!

It's by no means perfect, but I'm the only one who can see that I have sewn the pocket flaps so one is a little wider than the other. And I'm not going to be silly and tell anyone, or put that classified information on the internet for all to see, am I?

5 comments:

KibitzKnitz said...

That dress is Totally Hot! Well, maybe that's because it's double-knit polyester... ;^) Good Job, it look great!

kitty said...

Hee hee, kibitzknitz! I wouldn't be able to wear this in summer that's for sure. Fortunately, it's winter here so for now it's all systems go!

moggy said...

It did turn out fiiiine. I'm loving the doubleknit. Maybe one day we can try the wool stuff...

Dawn said...

WOW! I love it! I love that neckline.

sarah said...

That is *the* perfect dress. Good job!