Monday, June 30, 2008

One of them "work in progress" thingies

I'm making a coat. All lined and pockety and everything (extra inside pockets because I am making it as part of the European tripfits). I had to make the lining pattern and the pockets 'cos they didn't come with the pattern (New Look 6736). And I had to go out for lunch. And afternoon tea, and and and...

That is my excuse for not finishing it in one weekend. Here it is in progress:
I chose a sort of citron-celadon stretch satin for the lining, and the main fabric is a nice smooth doubleknit.
I have enough left over for either a skirt, or even a pinafore, or maybe some trousers.


I'm kidding, I mean this one:
These are the Kwik Sew 3115 yoga pants, which would be comfy for the 24 hours we have to be on the plane. I'd make 'em with a wider waistband so one could do the fold over thing like the January tripfit skirt (which for some reason I don't have a pic of, so I shall have to reference Kitty's)

3 comments:

kitty said...

you have referenced that 'shortall' pattern one too many times. I think you do protest too much...
I see the coat with huge buttons! The huger the better.

moggy said...

Oh yes, yuuuuge buttons!

C'mon, you know you want me to muslin that shortall for y'all!

delamare said...

Moggy, come on ... shortalls are it and a bit and you just luv 'em!