Monday, January 03, 2011

More shoppingks - knits

I popped into Spotlight again this morning to check out their sale knits to play with on the new overlocker.

The "dry knits" are on sale for $2 per metre (there does seem to be a bit of variation in which shops have what knits at the sale price, but I digress). These knits have a matte finish and I think they are poly-lycra. Nice and drapey.

I bought 5m of this one - I think it looks like the detail of an etching...

A floral with a black background - I am hoping it doesn't end up too eighties Laura Ashley but that will depend on the pattern I choose...


A huuuuge orchid print (yes, that's my hand):


And one of the not-$2 prints at a different shop - large scale rose (each one is hand-sized)

Now to think of patterns - I reckon McCalls 6081 for one of them and a wrap or wrap-style dress or two for the others.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I love that massive floral print but how on earth will you use it?

Moggyo said...

It is huge isn't it! I think I'll have to treat it as a big ol' abstract and the orchid can reveal itself if it feels so inclined...

delamare said...

You say that black floral is in danger of Laura Ashleyness circa 1980s because of a dress I had. Yes?