Thursday, January 06, 2011

coverknit floralshirr

So I sewed one of the knits I bought on Monday. Of course I had to buy a new pattern (huh?) for it.... I chose New Look 6936, view B.

I coverstitched the neckline, sleeves and hem, and did the rest on the 4-thread overlocker. I had a bit of a struggle with the coverstitching, but it worked better once I used the clear foot instead of the fancy metal one.

Instead of drawstrings on the shoulders I used clear elastic, zigzagged on the wrong side. I shirred the waist from the underbust seam down - I spiralled it down until the elastic in the bobbin ran out (happened that it was at the side seam where I started, how about that for luck!). I also put a stitch or two where the top crosses over to stop possible gaping.

Verdict: comfy! easy!


kitty said...

Great looking frock!

Gail said...

Verdict. Nice - I want one too!