Saturday, July 19, 2008


So I made this frock. It's the middle view from Simplicity 6445, in a tweedy looking suiting. I bound the neck and armholes with bias tape, and hand-sewed some flat braid under the yoke to look like piping. And then I took a ton of photos, inside and outdoors, trying to decide if I like it or not. I find it easier to be objective when looking at photos.
I took it in a lot, because as expected from the pattern illustration, it was a little sack-like. I didn't cut off the seam allowances before binding the neck and armholes, and I think it would sit better if I had. Normally I can't wait to wear something I've just made, but this one is a little 'meh' so far. Maybe if I leave it for a while, it'll grow on me.