Sunday, January 02, 2011

I heart Sergio

A new serger deserves a new cover, so I used Sergio to make a grey denim cover, and embroidered a lovely calavera from Urban Threads on it



Today I trialled the knit top from New Look 6977 to put Sergio through his paces. The whole thing took 1 1/2 hours - I think it would've taken less than an hour if I was more used to the rethreading.

I sewed half on the 4-thread safety, then the hem and sleeves on coverstitch:

...then back to the 4-thread safety for the sides and neckband. So three threadings altogether. I had a few issues with thread breakage but realised it was because I had a missed a bit of the threading.

Here it is on:


Verdict:

New Look 6977: yay!
Sergio: double yay!

1 comment:

kitty said...

Your new year's resolution must be 'Be prepared'...you have your St Patrick's Day outfit ready well in advance!