Friday, January 15, 2010


As promised, here is the dress I cut out yesterday along with the shruglero. I have named her Wrongrose in honour of Livebird's comment yesterday.

The pattern is New Look 6789, which I have made twice before.

This is super quick to sew, the only thing that took time is the piping on the band (made much easier by the mighty piping foot!).

The stretch cotton sateen is lovely to sew and wear - if only all my floral cottons were lycra-ed!

Here she is with the shruglero from yesterday. Looks a bit mother of the bride, but I think I'll manage.


kitty said...

They are excellent roses, wrong or no.

Nadia said...

Wow for piping! That's amazing! :)

Gail said...

The colours are just beautiful. Very nice work on the piping too.

Angela said...

Love the fabric!

Carol said...

What a great outfit. I love them together and I don't think they look mother of the bride at all.