Sunday, July 19, 2009

Score: one meh, one yay

Since Kittty went to the trouble of getting the Ashley-ish Simplicity 2614 before it is released in Australia. This weekend, I muslined it in the same skull print knit that Kitty used for a blouse before. Sadly I can't say I am that excited about the result - I think it might look better in a woven (i t is meant to be made from bias cut woven)

So I decided to make a skirt. I've had the pattern for McCall 5523 for a while, and bought the material at Darn Cheap last week. It's got that librarian vibe I was after so I am happy with the result.

7 comments:

Gail said...

I do like the skirt. I'm not sure if purple is your colour, but I'm sewing purple silk blouse with it.
Agree that the t-shirt is not earthshattering, but its not bad either.

kitty said...

Seeing as I travelled over 700 kilometres to deliver that pattern personally, it's only fair that you should muslin it for me.
The skirt turned out fabulously!

moggy said...

Mmm, a purple silk blouse would go very nicely!

As for the top... that's exactly what I mean - it's actually a blouse, but ended up looking like a t-shirt! It's got underbust and shoulder gathers, but you can't see 'em. Maybe I should try it in a solid colour.

Claudine said...

LOVE the librarian skirt. I'm feeling a bit librarian lately too.

Nadia said...

Love the inverted box pleat! I'm sewing a skirt with a pleat today too. :)

Carol said...

I agree with Gail, purple is great. Wittner shoes just happen to have a purple suede shoe on sale that would look good too ...

livebird said...

Yay! You know that I made the same skirt for my job interview, and I got the gig. The pattern clearly has magical properties. Use it wisely.