Today I made up for yesterday:
First one was from the pattern I traced on Friday night (Butterick 8149)
I only used the top, with ol' faithful 6557 for the skirt.
The gathered straps make lovely sort of faux-cap-sleeves. I think I shall wear this to work tomorrow as it is going to be warm.
Next is another sunfrock. I bought the material at Spotlight last week, along with the material above (which is quilting fabric, "Cherry Plaid" by West 22nd btw).
Anyway, this is a floral stripe, also 100% cotton - a nice crisp smooth one. I used New Look 6557 again (view D bodice), but first I pleated the fabric then cut it out using the usual bodice piece as the lining.
I cut the midriff on the straight, and for the skirt I pleated two rectangles to fit the waist measurement. Consequently you can't really see that the fabric is a stripe - but you can when the skirt is on the move. The straps are a modified narrow version of the Butterick 8149 ones (because I liked them so much - plus the fact they are hemmed, not turned, which is nice and quick).
PS - If you click on the pictures, you can see more detail.