Friday, February 20, 2009

Trying new things





We're playing around with the template of the blog, so you will have noticed a change around here. We finally made a picture header. About time too!

I made McCalls 9533 this week, view F, in a nice smooth doubleknit. No zip required, so really just 2 french darts, 2 side seams, and twin needle turn and hem armholes, neckline and hem. Very quick! It was a bit plain, so I sewed three red buttons on the front. I'm getting a lot of wear out of it already. It goes well with my surprisingly large collection of red shoes!

5 comments:

Nadia said...

Love the tiny, red buttons. They really make it.

neighbourhood.gal said...

The women in the header illustration are cracking me up!

Sewuptight said...

Your dress looks so good on you. The fit is great, and I love the button idea.

moggy said...

That turned out so sweet, you french dart fiend you!

I like to think those ladies at the top represent us. What with the crazy hand movements and all.

(PS Kitty, I got you one of the VoG lights today. Power Light Twins, SHAZAM!).

kitty said...

Re: the crazy ladies in the header, I believe I'm the one at the back, planting my hat, and Moggy's the one doing the 'Batusi'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batusi