Friday, July 13, 2007

When the aussie dollar goes high, the frock ladies go shopping


These are courtesy of the interweb, from the lovely lady at Out of the Ashes Collectibles
So, we have a midriff dress and short jacket (the back midriff piece is missing, so it was super cheap, but I should be able to fudge it).
A chevronable frock: Nice all in one collar by the look of it. I wonder if she would work in Building Blocks?



Then for a bit of a change (2000 isn't exactly retro) there is one of those 'infinite dress' thingies that you can apparently wrap a squilion ways. I rather fancy it for a tripfit - i could make it from something supercheap and see.

Talking of tripfits, Mela Purdie make some nice stuff (and some shapeless smocks) but it is oh so spensy - but good for inspiration. I want to make a version of that highwaistable skirt...

2 comments:

kitty said...

I'm with you on the high waisted skirt, I can imagine living in one what with the comfort and the stylishness.
Let the muslin-off begin!

lsaspacey said...

Thanks for introducing me to Mela Purdie! I will definitely use those ideas for items in my personal wardrobe. Love those slim pants and loose jersey tops, and the color palette almost matches mine.