Sunday, April 29, 2007
Done! Rosie, using Dogwood Donna from spring Knitscene magazine with my own modifications. I used Cleckheaton 12 ply (I know. Cleckheaton. But I was desperate to knit and it was the only light grey in the approximate gauge. It is not too scratchy to wear, for which I am thankful.)
The rose is duplicate stitched from a chart in Vogue Knitting International's most recent winter issue.
I didn't do the ribbed neckline on this version, I thought I'd try single crochet edging, and I liked it! That saved the hassle of picking up stitches and having a higher and potentially-horribly-scratchy-on-my-neck-ribbed-crew-neck.
Yay, much quicker too, so I can wear it out tonight!
(Oh and I have woven in all the ends. Those are the woody stems of my chilean jasmine coming out of my left armpit.)
Posted by kitty at Sunday, April 29, 2007