Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Look 6013



This is New Look 6013, view D, made in mesh knit.  I bought the mesh snake print from ebay.  I folded out all the darts (including the bust darts) after I traced the pattern.  The raglan sleeves are also a meshy knit, some metalicus fabric Moggy found in Melbourne.  The snake mesh is quite sheer, so I have to wear a slip.  I am too lazy to line.  Don't judge!  I like wearing slips.  There, I said it.

Here it is on Betty Dressup:

                                                     Front:

Back:  
I kept the centre back seam in case I needed to shape it more, but I didn't have to.  This is a nice, easy pattern, and being New Look, no crazy extra ease.

I constructed all the seams on the overlocker, and coverstitched the hems and neckline using my Coverpro 1000CPX.  I love that machine.

3 comments:

moggyo said...

It's a joy doing an entirely overlocked/coverstitched frock isn't it! Love to contrast sleeves.

Angela said...

I love this dress, especially those contrast sleeves! When you say you folded out the darts, did you leave them out of the sleeve and cut the sleeve as one piece?

kitty said...

Hi Angela,

Thanks for your comment!
I left the sleeves two piece; I folded out the bust and waist darts on the main pieces because the fabric has loads of stretch and I thought the darts might show due to the sheerness of the fabric.

Kitty x