Monday, February 23, 2009
Well, one top finished and one abandoned.
I was making the top on the bottom right of this vintage vogue pattern (from the Moggy shop; ie: pilfered from her sewing room) in some black wool-blend jersey from the stash. The pattern is intended for wovens, and it was turning out ok in the jersey until I got to the collar. I underlined the collar piece in stretch poplin for stability, but it looked a bit yuck when I put it on. So into the magic waiting box it goes! I will go back to it when I feel like a challenge.
Instant gratification top project needed. As I had a fair bit of the jersey, I made the quick vogue top again, gathering the sleeve attachments this time instead of pleating them. The side bewb gathers are more apparent in this plain fabric. I like it, and I'll wear it.