Thursday, September 11, 2008

Garbage bag couture

The lovely Livebird asked in the comments if I would post more details of the 'artfully tied garbage bag' pattern I bought at the fifties fair. There are only two pattern pieces, and one small page of instructions. I might make this out of some cheapo fabric, because it looks like one of those frocks which could be amazing...but is just as likely to turn out unwearable. (I recommend clicking on the pattern cover picture to look at the illustration of the woman's face. Hilarious.)

If you try it Livebird, let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoohoo! Namecheck! I'm stoked!

You're right - in a perfect drapey silk joisey that drips class, this could work. It's dicey territory. Many thanks for posting... I'll have a rummage and see what I can do.

(Then again, this comes from the gal who set the Dress For A New Gubbermint challenge then NEVER MADE IT. Slacker.)

lsaspacey said...

Please someone makes this! I can't make heads or tails out of those instructions so I know I won't be trying it. Is nothing cut on the fold for that or am I missing something?

Suzanne said...

I would like to see this made up...I think my mom made something similar in the 1970's to wear around the house (where no one but kids and cats would see her!)