Monday, November 27, 2006
but it was a lot more work than most frocks I make.
I used this McCall's shirt pattern, view D, but had to make a lot of modifications for Mr Matty:
1. Cut out a large, but tapered to a medium sleeve cap and armcye
2. Made the hem straight instead of tuck in tails
3. Made epaulettes and then forgot to put them in. Matty says he likes it better without
4. The cuff was WAY too big for the sleeve, so I took out most of one sleeve end pleat
5. Redrafted the front yoke to a pointy one
and yes, I used the snap setter. Didn't break any snaps, but must have been hitting too hard because I had to discard a few that went all squashy and wouldn't close over the other bit. No, I don't know what I mean either.
Oh dear, this is after a good pressing. Hopefully a wash will settle it a bit.
Posted by kitty at Monday, November 27, 2006