Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Vintage Butterick 9269





The latest frock, Butterick 9269, view b, the bodice in black linen/cotton blend and the skirt in stretch sateen snake, both fabrics are from Spotlight.
Purchased belt, as they say.

I scooped out the back and front necklines 1.5cm each, after looking at the pattern piece and thinking it looked as though they were too high. I think it was a good thing I did as it looks like the pattern illustration now. It would have been too high. I shortened the frock a lot. As drafted this frock would be nearly down to my ankles. After much pinning and photographing, I decided it looked best hemmed above the knee. I find it easier to decide hem length from photos rather than from looking in the mirror. Anyone else find that?

This is an unprinted pattern, and very fragile, so I traced it. Ugh. I hate tracing unmarked patterns. Trying to figure out which holes mean darts or are just grain line holes. No nice dark lines to trace over either. (I put sew-in interfacing over the pattern to trace).


3 comments:

moggyo said...

Mmm, nice extendosleeve there. Love mr snakey too...

Judith said...

Ooohhhh, stretch sateen snake - how divine!!! When did Spotlight start to stock such fabric???
Great work on this - looks great...

Linda L said...

I love how you created a very fashionable dress from a vintage pattern. Looks great!