Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pastoral Peter Pan, Parallel Pintucks

I liked my first  version of Butterick 5315 so much, I made another this week.

I've had this Alexander Henry Midnight Pastoral toile sitting in the sewing room for a few months  and had always thought that something sweet and feminine would be a lovely contrast with the print (which, until you look at it closely, is also sweet. I just can't resist skeletons it seems). I've got some of the blue as well, but for this one I was all for the etchiness.

I made one small change - I decided to put some pintucks in the front. Unsurprisingly, I did this the easy way - pintuck the fabric, then cut the pattern. I measure the first one and did the rest by eye.


I might add some buttons (sans buttonholes) - I've sewn the placket down for now, and will wear it with a brooch like I do with Francoise.



As you can see, Spring is springing all over...


3 comments:

kitty said...

It looks so sweet and ladylike, and then you get closer...eeeeeeeee!

Gail said...

I am having a dose of serious envy over this dress. It is drop dead gorgeous.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Love the pin tucks! How clever.