Monday, September 12, 2011

Hello Sailor!

I wanted to make some trousers for work, out of some inky blue bengaline I recently bought. I'd heard good things about Style Arc's Linda pant, so I ordered the pattern. It was a nice surprise to find out that you get a free pattern with your order, and August's free pattern was the Ollie Tunic.
This stripey knit is from Pitt Trading (not sure of the fibre content, but feels like a cotton/poly blend maybe?) and I thought it would work nicely for the Ollie Tunic as there are no darts to interrupt the stripes.
I lengthened it to dress length, shaped the waist a little more and widened the neckline a smidge, although I was hoping for more of a boat neck effect.

Still, a very quick and easy sew!

I will eventually get to the Linda pants, but frocks are so much more fun.

4 comments:

moggy said...

I demand to see this with a jaunty red scarf!

Anna said...

I'd never heard of that pattern company before, they have some nice things! The dress is fab!

Gail said...

I'm really interested in Arc Style's sailor pants, so will be watching out for your version. Love the tunic - add a red belt for fun.

Kerry said...

I really like boat neck dresses, you don't see them very often and they are flattering for most necklines.

That's a great stripe fabric, and is way more versatile than a lot of the nautical looks you see around!

Also, my word captcha says 'fight' but I promise I won't.