Sunday, May 22, 2011

Back on the sewing horse (clothes horse?)

 It seems absolutely ages since I posted, or indeed sewed. This weekend, aided by the lovely autumn weather, I remedied that terrible oversight.

Still haven't learnt to take a decent picture though.

On the right: New Look 6000 in brown ponti. I did the boat/scoop neck instead of the collar, and extended the shoulders to make cut-on cap sleeves instead of the ones in the pattern (much as I love the cuffed sleeves, I was being... lazy is the only way to say it).

I was pleased with the result. Although seeing Livebird's collared-and-cuffed version, i think I'll have to make the effort next time!

I also made a slip from Sew-knit-n-stretch #212:

This ended up being quite quick to make, and turned out rather nicely. I made it from lace and a stretch satin I had left over from a previous slip project:

4 comments:

kitty said...

Nice big brooch on that frock and you're ready to go. Luscious.
The slip is gorgeous.
Good work Ms Mog.

Gail said...

Great dress for showing off your curves. Well done!

Jane M said...

I too have gotten into the dress mode and love that slip...practical and beautiful. You'll enjoy knowing it's under those lovely dresses.

Carol said...

I just traced this pattern off over the weekend, so it's nice to see it made up on a real person. It's a great dress and I like your choice of fabric very much. Very cute retro style. I'm inspired now. Thanks!